How Long Does it Take to Get Turkish Citizenship by investment?
It takes 3 to 4 months to officially get Turkish citizenship by investment in 2023 after you made the investment and applied for citizenship. Also, it is feasible to obtain Turkish Citizenship for the family members: spouse (wife/husband) and children below 18 years old within one week as the main applicant obtained citizenship. You can also get your new Turkish Passport and ID Card immediately after it. However, it may vary from one to two weeks depending on the time of appointment for the Turkish passport.
The total amount of the Turkish passport fee is updated for 2023.
689,70 Turkish Liras for passports up to 6 months
1008.30 Turkish Liras for 1 year
1646.10 Turkish Liras for 2 years
2,338.50 Turkish Liras for 3 years
3,295.50 Turkish Liras for more than 3 years.
How to Follow the Turkish Citizenship Application through the Website?
You can follow your Turkish citizenship results after your application from the https://vatan.nvi.gov.tr/moduller/basvuru/basvurudurumbilgi.aspx website.
As you click the link there is some information that should be filled
- The first field is asking for the application number
- The second field should be filled with the date of birth of the applicant (investor)
- Click on the “ I’m not robot check box” Ben robot değilim
- Click search (Sorgula)
As MELARES Turkey Properties; with our reliable and expert citizenship lawyers, we ensure that your citizenship processes result in minimum cost and meticulousness.
European Side General Directorate of Population and Citizenship Affairs | Turkish Citizenship by Investment
As of 17.12.2020, the General Directorate of Population and Citizenship Affairs relocated to the Zeytinburnu district of Istanbul. You can apply for Turkish citizenship by investing in the new address of citizenship affairs. You can take an appointment for citizenship application by investment, Turkish national ID, Turkish passport, driver’s license from the General Directorate of Population and Citizenship Affairs website randevu.nvi.gov.tr/.
The New Address of the European Side General Directorate of Population and Citizenship Affairs in 2021 is Civizlibag Metrobus or Tramway Stop. Below is the full address:
Merkezefendi Mahallesi Mevlevihane Caddesi No: 30 Zeytinburnu / ISTANBUL
For citizenship application through living 5 years in Turkey or Turkish citizenship by marriage application, you can apply to the Istanbul Provincial Directorate of Population and Citizenship in Fatih district. Below is the full address:
Address: Hirka-i Serif, Istanbul Valiligii Ek Hizmet Binasi, Adnan Menderes Blv. No:2, 34122 Fatih / ISTANBUL
10 Advantages of Getting Turkish Citizenship by Investment are:
- The right for residence lifetime residence in Turkey
- You can benefit from the strong Turkish health system (free).
- You can benefit from quality educational institutions (free).
- The right of work and investment opportunity in Turkey without any limitations
- Citizenship right to spouse and children below 18 years old of the applicant
- The right to get an E-2 Investor Visa in the USA for a five-year renewable period
- All international incentives granted to Turkish citizens through bilateral or multilateral agreements, including but not limited to the Ankara Agreement
- You will have the right to vote.
- The Republic of Turkey allows dual citizenship benefits.
- Turkish citizenship visa-free countries – Turkish passport allows you to travel to 111 countries without a visa or by obtaining a visa at the gate. Special passport and Service Passport holders can travel to 146 countries without a visa and 9 countries issue visas at the gate.
Other Ways to Obtain Turkish Citizenship
Turkish Citizenship by Birth
Turkish citizenship acquired through birth is acquired spontaneously on the basis of family ties or birthplace. Citizenship acquired by birth takes effect from the moment of birth.
* In the marriage union, a child born of a Turkish citizen mother or father in Turkey or outside is a Turkish citizen.
* Except for the marriage union, a child born of a Turkish citizen mother and a foreign father is a Turkish citizen.
* Except for the marriage union, a child born of a Turkish citizen father and a foreign mother gains Turkish citizenship provided that the procedures and principles that establish the lineage are followed.
Turkish Citizenship by Marriage
Another way for foreigners to obtain Turkish citizenship is through marriage. Marrying a Turkish citizen does not entitle the foreigner to obtain citizenship directly.
Conditions for Turkish Citizenship by Marriage;
1. The foreign person must have been married to a Turkish citizen for at least 3 years. Also, continuing marriage is among the conditions.
2. Living in a family union,
3. Not to engage in activities incompatible with the marriage union,
4. The absence of a situation that would constitute an obstacle in terms of national security and public order.
Turkish Citizenship General Application by Buying Property in Turkey at any Value (Minimum 75,000$)
It is possible to acquire Turkish citizenship in 5 years by buying property at any price, but it should cost a minimum amount of 75,000$. Foreigners whose has an uninterrupted residence period in Turkey for 5 years with a special residence permit for property owners can acquire Turkish citizenship through a general application. You should apply for a special residence permit to immovable property owners with your title deed regularly in these 5 years. You should not be abroad in Turkey for more than 12 months in this period. A Turkish passport is issued in 3 months.
Note (Touristic and student residence permits are not valid for this way of obtaining citizenship so be careful to apply for a residence permit with your title deed.)
Acquiring Citizenship by Decision of Competent Authority
In this way, a citizenship file is issued to foreigners who want to obtain Turkish citizenship and who have the necessary conditions for application. This file is sent to the Ministry of Internal Affairs for a decision.
The necessary investigations and research are carried out by the Ministry. At the end of this process, those who are deemed eligible for citizenship acquire Turkish citizenship by a decision of the Ministry.
As a result of the examination and research, the request of foreigners whose situation is not approved is rejected by the Ministry.
Acquiring Citizenship through Adoption
If a non-adult foreigner is adopted by a Turkish citizen, he/she can gain Turkish citizenship from the date of the decision. In this case, the person who receives Turkish citizenship should not have an obstacle in terms of national security and public order.
Acquiring Citizenship with the Right to Choose
According to the citizenship law, a mother or father may lose Turkish citizenship for certain reasons. If the mother or father lost Turkish citizenship requests, also their children lose their Turkish citizenship with the approval of the other parent.
According to the above situation, children who lost Turkish citizenship can gain Turkish citizenship by exercising their right to choose within three years after they become adults.